Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sterling Event Design

As written by Carrie Schmidt owner of Sterling Event Design for Fresh from the Kitchen catering blog

Question: How long have you been working as a planner?
I have been working with weddings, corporate, social, and nonprofit events for the last 13 years. eek!

Question: What is your favorite thing to plan for an event?
I LOVE getting creative with events, getting outside of the box, and doing things just a little bit differently.

Question: What is your favorite thing trending right now?
My favorite trends right now are: Personality and Color! It is so fun to see Couples add personality through their favorite things as a couple, like specialty drinks and menus to meet the bride and grooms tastes and desires. Instead of the old standards of mini beef wellingtons, couples are opting for mini grilled cheeses or french fry stations. Instead of candy favors at each place setting, they are offering photo booths, candy tables stocked with their favorite candies, or (my favorite) charitable donations.

Question: What is your style like?
Color. I love having fun with color, whether it is a classic combination of blue and white, or the trending oranges, yellow, and metallics, there are a million ways to have fun with them! I think for my style, I love a "simple elegance" very overused I know, but with clean lines, classic elements in linens, lighting and florals, along with a little imagination, this makes for an amazing statement in both large and small budget events.

Question: What value can your company bring to an event?
At Sterling Event Design, it is important to me that each client is well informed on the industry, has knowledge about the decisions they are making, and most importantly have fun doing it. This should be an amazing experience for them since there are enough stressors involved with planning. I make planning simple and fun with a dash of creativity.

Cheers,

Carrie Schmidt
Sterling Event Design
ph: 480.234.1336
fax: 480.705.3237




..

No comments:

Post a Comment